Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Website Wednesday: Recipe Curio

A while ago I stumbled across recipecurio.com, so I thought I would share it with you.
This is a fantastic website for digging up vintage recipes. They have everything! I'm particularly fond of the hand written recipes and the vintage recipe booklets. Be sure to check out the WWII & Rations section — it's very interesting to find cake recipes without butter or sugar as an ingredient.

Sometimes I wonder if we could survive if we had to go back to rationing. "Make do or do without": I've tried to put that WWII saying into practice before, but I'll admit I soon failed and blew my budget. Lol. I've even contemplated starting a Victory Garden, but whenever my Dad plants tomatoes they never make it .  . . . must be the soil. 

I find it so amazing when you look at magazines or little sewing booklets from the 40's. It's very impressive that the average house wife could make a dress out of old curtains, and then recycle the dress into an apron or place mats! Amazing.

Anyways, stop by the Recipe Curio this week. You just might find the recipe for something your Grandma used to make for you. If you do try a recipe, please leave me a comment and tell me how it turned out. I wish you the best of luck in your vintage recipe endeavors! ;)


V for Victory!
Miss 1941

No comments:

Post a Comment