Frosty Fruit Salad
- 1 orange, peeled and cubed
- 2/3 cup diced pineapple
- 3/4 cup Royal Anne cherries, halved and pitted
- 1 banana, cubed
- 2 canned pear halves, diced
- 1/4 cup maraschino cherries, sliced
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, chopped
- 1 package soft cream cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cream, whipped
Combine fruits and nuts. Cream the cheese until soft and blend with the mayonnaise. Add to the fruit mixture and blend well. Fold in whipped cream. Pour into lightly oiled molds. Place in freezer until frozen. Remove from molds and wrap for freezer storage. Makes 8 servings.
The salad above may also be varied by the addition of other fruits or nuts, however, the basic proportions must remain the same to freeze satisfactorily. For short time storage, the Frosty Fruit Salad may be put into cylindrical cartons for freezing. To serve, the cartons are removed and the frozen salad is sliced in individual servings.