Sunday, January 24, 2010

Movies and Books

Yesterday me and my dad headed down town to the Charles Theatre. For $6.00 you can see a "revival" (classic film) every Saturday. This weekend it was "Swing Time" with Fred Astair and Ginger Rogers. It is absolutely FABULOUS watching these classics on the big screen! You are truly transported back in time to that era, and are lost in the film — forgetting about the hurried, and over-scheduled everyday life. If you are ever in Baltimore be sure and check out the Charles. It's a great little spot. You can get info, movie schedules, directions, and a history of the theatre here.

I also stumbled across a new author who is writing a WWII series!! This is very exciting to me, because I have a hard time finding decent WWII fiction. Sarah Sundin's first book, "A Distant Melody" will be available in March. It is a part of the three-book series, "Wings of Glory". The series is about the Novak brothers, who are B-17 bomber pilots. I can't wait!! Visit Sarah's website to get a full synopsis of the book.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, I would adore seeing the classics on the big screen! I love the Astaire/Rogers movies!

    ReplyDelete